Let me explain more on what this is suppose to do then. This script is for use along side a gaming server bot. I want to create a script that when the command !check, is used. The bot will perform a !pl (player listing) command. The !pl command then displays aa list of the players on each team. Now, back to my script. The script will then read all the player names that the !pl command sent to the administration channel. If a certain player name is found, I want the bot to perform a check on them using a !pi (player info) command. The bot will then log the player info displayed and write it all to a file at which point me or any other admin will review latter when we get the chance. Should no player name be found that we are looking for, then the script will just terminate itself and be done.

In short, the script needs to be able to read multiple lines of text that IRC is streaming over. Below is an example run of how I want the script to work. (Please note, I hand typed this all, this isn't code ran, just for display view)

<NXwolf> !check
<MYbot> !pl
<ServerBot> Allies: Radion GENERICO [SG]OHD APB-FR-Ga3L Talon
<ServerBot> Soviets: cgf123 DracoTrooper kromb exia Beta
<MyBot> Found 1 player on watch list. Performing Search.
<Mybot> !pi Beta
<ServerBot> Id Name Score Side Ping Address Kb/s Time
<ServerBot> 11 Beta 0 Sov 223 ***.***.***.*** 0 000.00.02
<Mybot> Info logged and notice sent to admins.

The above stuff that the ServerBot returns look much nicer in IRC, but only so much I can do on spacing and all with forums, but it should give you a basic idea on what is going on. At the end, the script will terminate itself. The script will know what theplayer listing command is done because of the allies and soviet tags on each line that follow the !pl command.

Hope that explains more on what I'm trying to do.