HTML has no relevance in mIRC scripting language. The formats are all wrong for mIRC. Adding it to mIRC scripting would make no sense and would confuse things. There is no legitimate reason to do so when the same functionality can be added using mIRC's format/style as has been explained multiple times in this thread alone, let alone all the other color threads out there. There have been good suggestions offered in the many threads on this and Khaled will choose what he feels works best with MSL.

Just because other things use HTML doesn't make it a valid solution for mIRC. Just like you wouldn't want to see other languages added to mIRC, such as C, VB, PHP, Java, etc. You shouldn't combine two different languages unless you absolutely have to. Differences in formatting make doing so very confusing for users and offers no benefit if the same thing can be done using just one language.

Btw, I don't "slap down" ideas because they are different. I support multiple suggestions that are different as they offer options when Khaled chooses how to do something. However, if I think an improvement can be made to a suggestion, I'll offer the improvement. If I think a suggestion is a really bad idea, I'll say so. Keep in mind that *you* do the exact same thing in this and other topics.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net