Originally Posted By: p0d
My opinion. There are dlls and scripts that enable the use of custom emoticons quit being lazy and find/or script one if thats what you want. Do a little searching for these addons.

No need to get annoyed.
I did some extensive digging some time ago. There is nothing really practicle. For exampple, the HTML/Javascript solutions are annoying because of the 'browse' sound effects you hear each time there is a line of text. Or the popup windows not working.
Do you know a good alternative then?

Quote:

Why not ask for protections, sockbots, or any other script to be put into the codebase ^_^ see my point?

No, I don't agree.
You see it as a novelty feature, I see it as a possible core feature. If that feature would entail that it would allow us scripters to get the emoticon support in, no problem.

Quote:

mIRC is by far one of the most powerful/and useful programs on my pc theres not much you can't get mIRC todo beyond chats and in chats so Kudo's to Khaled for the many years of such a great program ive enjoy'd it the 10 years ive been online so thanks =)

Agreed!

Quote:

But i agree if emoticons are implemented they should most definately be optional switches and should be able to customize these

Agreed! smile