Any time some one joins a chat I'm in, or changes a nick, as well as when I first join, the info in the hash tables are accessed and possibly modified. This can happen hundreds of times in joining one single chat (the /who command). The chat where I'm getting the message about the size of the data table in particular has people joining, leaving, and changing nicks, almost constantly. One channel I'm on has only 40 people and has nick changes even more frequently (it's the chat for an mmo, any time some one changes characters, their irc nick changes to match that character). The data needs to be readily available for modification constantly, so yes, this the hash tables are probably the best method for this.

I keep my version of mIRC updated, so I do have the extra line length. Unfortunately though, it doesn't seem to be enough, due to this chat creating so many alternate nick names for people that aren't really alternates, and as a result clogging up the .dat file where the info is saved (when I close mIRC only).

Edit: Horstl, thanks for that, I'll make that backup and test this out in a second, but more useful to me than that limit, would be just a way to prevent those ustreamer nicknames from being added to the tables in the first place.

Last edited by KageNoOni; 26/03/10 01:42 AM.