I'm not at all trying to say "/window -a $active" would be a bug - That command does EXACTLY what I would expect!

Here's my scenario:
I'm using a version of nHTMLn.dll, and as you're probably aware, it doesn't return focus to the editbox, so I have an "on click" event in javascript to return the focus to the editbox.

So, whilst I can return focus to the editbox, it's trying to activate the already activated window, then showing the editbox.

This sort of scenario is the probable reason as to why the "-a" switch was added to the editbox.

Does this make sense?

Your comment about "/editbox -fa" needing to refresh the window or else you would wonder about anything happening at all, is a bit odd imho, I would expect mIRC to... "set the focus to the editbox... specifically the active window" as it implies in the mIRC help file

I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, but I would expect it to do what the help file says, not "/window -a $active"

As for your snippet:
Code:
if (%window != $active) editbox -f %window

That would work fine, if the window wasn't the active window.
What if (this is my issue) the window is the active window, and you want to set the focus to the editbox?

Last edited by The_JD; 12/05/09 12:36 AM.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)