Hi there,

As one of the few people using utf8-encoding for my messages, I'm often alerted that some of my characters are broken.
Also, there are many guys using weird smilies and other character combinations (utf8), simply to get their messages look better.. and those result in weird codes for them.
They all have utf8 display enabled, the problem in most cases are their script-themes.
Many scripts use ascii chars >127 in their themes - some even in their timestamp - which makes mIRC not decode those utf8-codes in the line because it assumes that the whole line has not been encodet.
To solve that, I had to edit the script of some people, so it's checking if the text is utf8-encodet and if so, it encodes the ansi characters, too.
Now, this is pretty exhausting and I know from other irc clients that they just decode everything they can find, regardless of any ansi characters in the rest of the line.
I understand the reasons for the way mirc reacts in such cases, but I would like to suggest an option to choose whether you want to decode every appearing utf8-encodet character or leave those lines with high ansi-ones.
The old behaviour could/should still be defaulted, I would just appreciate a way to easily fix the people's display. (telling them what they have to enable :p)

By the way, I've never seen utf8-codes appearing randomly, without having been encodet before...
So in most cases, if there is UTF8 in the text, it is also meant to be UTF8 and should be decoded (in my opinion).

Greetings,
Alex