"isin" is basically doing a wildcard search for "*word*" or "*word1 word2*" while "iswm" is a wildcard match that lets you be more precise, by using the "?" wildcard or having wildcards only at the front, such as the way the above code uses iswm to look for @* - windows that begin with "@". Your lack of response is probably due to the regex code, which i confess to not understanding well at all.

You say the read fails, it would help to see an error message to get a clue on why the read fails. In debugging code, I find it helps to insert an echo message right above the $read code, so you can get a visual example of what you're trying to read or write. Make sure to not have any commas/parenthesis/etc attached to $identifiers so you can see what those values are.

For example, if you think this read is failing:

$read($shortfn($mircdirTXT\TVCheck\us.scripted.txt),w,$allcut(%tvshow))

then insert a line above it:

echo -s DEBUG $script $scriptline read( $shortfn( $mircdirTXT\TVCheck\us.scripted.txt ) , w , $allcut( %tvshow) )

Note that i purposely removed the $ from read, because i want to see what the read is looking for, instead of seeing what the read is fetching. The $script and $scriptline is very important, as it helps verify which of your debug messages is showing, but more importantly makes it easier to remove later when you see stray debug messages. If the code executes too often, you might wish to "aline" it to a @custom_window.

You might also look at mirc-help to see if you want any more switches besides the "w". For example, the 'n' switch keeps a line containing "$version" from returning 6.32 or whatever your version number is. If the 1st line of the file can be a number that's NOT supposed to be the number of lines in your file, you want to use the "t" switch to keep the TV show 24 from being used as if it's the number of lines in your file. Note that if line#1 also contains normal text then this wouldn't be an issue now, but is safe to use "t" so that someone looking at the code knows what kind of .txt you have.