Rock & the passage he quoted never said anything about using (or not using) the -r switch. It just indicated that I needed to use a mirc.ini in the mirc.exe folder which I had already written I did. (thanks rock).

But you are right, I have both. And the files are storing data logs etc inside the correct associated mirc.exe folder.

My curious question, is where are the variables that my scripts create stored? I do see [rfiles] containing my scripts paths, but after loading them (the scripts) and using them; the scripts editor shows me the variables- but after this reboot problem occurs- the scripts editor is blank & my scripts are no longer loaded.

I dont think mirc.ini is vanishing, or at least I've never seen it vanish. just the above behavior where everything I have "set" and "load'd" is MIA!GONE.
---
Soooo, as a start, with MIRC.INI there, should I turn OFF the -r switch? Is it redundant or harmful? May having -r & mirc.ini be the cause of the problem?

I will look at the installed folders next time *BEFORE* even starting mirc to see if mirc.ini is mia or corrupt/false/old date /default copy. Please advise whether I should use the -r or not and is there anything else I should check?

I appreciate the suggestions & the help. Thanks!