Originally Posted By: argv0
You can't use Program Files\ in vista because of file virtualization. Vista cannot write to anything inside program files, virtualizing the written data to a safe place outside program files instead. It's not *always* read back in the same way it's written out, so mIRC can easily "not see" the mirc.ini it wrote last time and try to write a fresh one.

Long story short: This is the reason AppData is now the default behaviour. Don't use Program Files\, it will just make your life more complicated.

Sigh. I suppose this reply may shun anyone else willing to help, but It really really rreally needs to be said.
I am really kind of tired of people in this world that make comments and suggest for you to do exactly what you have already done & stated you have done. No offense argv() [lol @ the nick choice, cool] but if you had read what I've done, especially most recently, then you'd see I no longer have mirc installed in "program files" anymore.

And the problem still remains.

Hopefully someone can help. Please dont think of me as a troll. Im just having this non-graceful non "stateful" frustrating issue drive me nuts. Its just extra frustrating to have people to tell you what you've already done or tried.

So, the description of the problem now, seems to be that it is NOT losing my scripts anymore (at least it hasn't recently). But the variables are still vanishing.

So for example, if you open the scripts editor, the scripts in aliases, remotes, etc are still there, but the "variables" section is blank. This appears to happen after power outages, or computer resets. Not sure what really is causing it to be truthful. It's not a 100% reproducable issue. And it only happens with Mirc. All of my other programs and settings are fine.

Thanks!