Originally Posted By: argv0
Sorry but when I said "hide" I meant hide mIRC's reply and show something else. I was not referring to ignoring a version reply altogether.

So why not have an option to switch off the version reply but not alter it. I think most users who are an favor of CTCP masking do not want to change it to make as if they wrote the client. That is just a ridiculous assumption. They just want to hide it.

Whether its logical to you or not it has been a very popular request in the past and it has been entirely ignored. My criticism really is not so much in the fact that there is no option to hide it, nut in the fact that this issue has not even been addressed in the slightest way by the mIRC team.

As paying users i think we do have the right to make suggestions to what we want in the client. The mIRC team also has the right to say no. But the fact that nothing has been said about it makes me wonder if they care about what we want.

I did not start this topic and at the moment do not care about the CTCP replies etc, but it has come up so many times that i honestly think that something should be said by the MIRC team to stop it once and for all.