I have this (annoying) little bug in my mIRC 6.21 where if I echo something to a custom window and there is a tab character in the messages, part of the message will not be displayed in the window. The text is there, because it shows up when I copy the line from the custom window by highlighting it, but it seems to be in a dimension of its own, invisible to me.

First of all, for some reason the tab character doesn't show in the forum post when viewing it as you are viewing it now, but does show up in the edit box when you press the Quote button at the bottom of this post. You should see it between the words "the" and "bug".
So quote my post, so the tab character shows and paste these lines into your mIRC (or open MS Word and press tab and copy that):
Quote:
/window @test
//echo @test Hello mr Khaled, say hello to the bug.

I'm not sure, but it seems that the first 8 characters of the echoed line always display, along with the text after the tab character.

This behaviour seems to be limited to custom windows and does not present itself when echoed to a channel/server window.

I do not know whether this bug is also present in the latest version of mIRC, but I would like people to try and recreate it there too.

Last edited by 5618; 05/05/08 06:16 PM.