As you are taking the time to get off topic from the point of this thread, and delve into a question about myself, I obviously feel it is changing the topic of this thread, and am inclined to not answer your question in this thread, but instead, answer it in private message. As we are in opposing views about this, you would have to convince me that my reply, should, in fact, go on this thread. If you can give me any good reason, why I should answer your question in this thread, then I will answer it here. Otherwise, if you can't, then I will answer your question in private message.

My reasoning of this (which you may not care to know), goes as follows:

Suppose you asked a question to me in public. Such a case as being in public, that either means you yourself wanted to know the answer, or you wanted everyone else including to know the answer. However, if you didn't want everyone else to know the answer, you would have private messaged me the question. This is, of course, under the assumption that there is netiquette in a public forum that if there is a conversation directly between 2 people not regarding the topic of that thread, but about the individual users (such as this case), it could go to the private message. Obviously, you didn't care about that netiquette if that netiquette exists. If such a netiquette does not exist, then, please point that out, contradicting what I will say in the below.

If such a question I detect will break the netiquette of answering your question publicly, I would feel inclined to reply back in private message, even though it was not presented there. Or, I could not give a damn about that, and reply here. The fact that you asked me this question, I can choose to reply back in private message or not. The reason I have these choices is because I have free will. In other words, I can differentiate between being forced to answer a question in public, and not answering a question in public, therefore choosing to reply to that question in private message. Likewise, I can differentiate between a question that I find more suitable for private messages, and a question that I find less suitable for private messages.

Neal Conroy.