Quote:
First off, don't kid yourself.. mIRC is nothing like C.

You are probably right in SOME ways, since nobody's opinion will be the same, let's just end this with: "We agree to disagree."

Quote:
The *only* thing mIRC shares in common with C style syntax is curly braces.

Really? I always thought the syntax was alot like it and when I did, I didn't say all of it was exactly like it... of course! I don't really see why they put ";"'s at the end of every line. I don't see the use for it. It just makes the code look sloppy, and unreadable. (but that's my opinion, one man's junk is anothers treasure.)

Onwards...

I have seen alot of my scripts using a buttload of elseif's just because I needed to make a simple conversion table, or encryption logarithim. My example in words is that if a line starts with '-', then I want it to read the command before processes all the data it gets. So with that said, I need to use $iif or if,elseif,elseif,elseif,elseif,else statements because it is the only way to do it, for now.

Now... if we had case/switch: it would be alot easier.

For the goto loop:
If I wanted to use a goto, I would take 4 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with it then give up and do it the hard way. Right now, I don't feel like absolutely wasting 4 hours of my time when I have a life to live.

For anything else:
Just ask yourself, is there ANYTHING that can have a comeback and make sense to what I'm about to try and debate with?

Quote:
If anything, it's a good idea to keep mIRC using the same idioms it already is-- that would confuse no one, because it's consistent.

Hi there. I have seen almost every good scripting language out there. They all have one thing in common: They all confuse me.
When you talk about confusion, it's inevitable. Why keep everything the way it is and accomplish nothing and be lazy, when you can do something about it, make it better to use, and pretty much delay anything that would make anyone argue?

Personally, I really think that switch would be good for mIRC, because switch in mIRC has no equivalent yet. And another thing: If I posted every suggestion that ran through my mind, you guys would have a huge forum running. But instead, I think about what I'm going to suggest. I look at the quality of my posts, and I think: "Are people [i]really] gonna wanna read this? Or are they going to laugh at me and spit in my face?"

That is the only reason I posted here, so I have data and reason to back anything up that I say, so hit me with your best shot, and may the more experienced or more prepared win.

Point blank: I'm just trying to see what can be done to improve this for everyone, and not just myself.

Thankyou for your time, and if you reply to this and it is off topic, please PM me with it so we can talk privately, because I don't want any more spam on this thread.

PS:
I am sorry for posting something completely off-topic, just needed to clear up some spam.