Remember, keep in mind Khaled might be making a profit from these ads. Or is he doing them for free? You have to weigh in your pain of seeing those ads versus how much he makes.

Originally Posted By: Sh4d0w191
I am not against having dating rooms etc. etc. but for some people it give the wrong image. Besides this is only a small portion of what irc is about but it seems to completly dominate the website.

Making mIRC look like a place onlyfor dating, when there is so much more to it, Scripting, Chatting with friends, Gaming. etc.

The argument is whether or not the site should advertise more intelligent chats versus lesser-intelligent chats. And it's certainly not going to be more intelligent chats if the majority of people are idiots. Advertising a science or politics chat could lessen their interests - but I would actually support that - since it might make the pedophiles go away.

However, you should know, probably the average Internet-addict searching for chatrooms, would be looking for dating chats. A chemistry Ph.D professor, on the other hand, that's looking for a chemistry chat, the fact that he see dating ads won't prevent him from looking for the science chats. So I'm not sure the minority is affected in this case.

-Neal C.