Originally Posted By: Khaled
The website is currently displaying two ads, one on the side and a banner at the top, which is pretty minimal.

Yes, two... but the one on the side shows (I think) 5 ads. And they aren't exactly appropriate ads for this site most of the time... usually dating and singles and "sexy" this or that. I think it detracts considerably. 2 ads is fine.. if they are only 2 ads. When one ad is multiple ads in one, it appears as though it's a lot more.

I think it would look better if you found a good ad "program" that is somehow related to IRC (unlikely) or just computers in general somehow. I know there are a lot of game ads out there, but not sure if they really fit here either. But one ad the size of the current google one on the side that's just on ad wouldn't be so bad, imo. That or just something much smaller.

Also keep in mind that more ads don't necessarily increase income. If the ads make the site look bad (it seems most here agree that it does), people are less likely to click them. That means less income, not more. Fewer/smaller ads make it more likely people will choose to click on the ad.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net