My laptop was on wi-fi, and I had weak Internet connection.

I was pasting around 4 ascii arts, using a paste dialog for about half a second per line. Each art is some 15 lines.

I paste 3 ascii arts in a channel, then get kicked.

I then get the no external messages can be sent to channel, like 50 times.

Someone pms me, asking for an ascii art, I aste to him the 4th art.

Then he goes well???

So I type /debug @debug.

What do I see?

I see my PrivMsg slowly pasting ascii art 1.

Minutes later, ascii art 2.

Then 3.

Then finally, I see my art being sent to the p.m. window.

7 whopping minutes later.

In other words, why do I have to see *my* text the moment I press Enter in the on input event?

Can't mIRC wait until it sends the privmsg to the server ans then echo the text?

I noticed scripts tend to hold off other events until finished.

on join event autogreet

* nick has joined channel
<$me> autogreet!

Suppose I was lagging for 3 minutes, mIRC will always output autogreets the line afterthe on join event, despite the fact that people may see it minutes later.

Suppose someone loads proxies to a channel and youhave several on join event scripts.

* fjfsdfs joins
* fjggg joins
* gfggdgd joins

Between every line, you have to see:

new channel record recorded at! time!
no clones for nick!

Etc.

Yet I know there's no way that mIRC is that fast especially during lag.

So in other words, if I type something, hit enter, and then type /debug @debug, and minutes later I see my text being sent to the server, couldn't mIRC just echo your text then rather than right after you press the Enter button?

Just an idea of logic.

Since we already have an on text event for other people's text, and since it's called privmsg, just thought of that. Anyways, it doesn't have to be an event of itself, such as when the server receives your text. Slighly different then on input. I know I don't have any /echo for my on input events.

-Neal.