Originally Posted By: starbucks_mafia

Quote:
2) When I close mIRC and then restart it later, all of the conversation from previous sessions is still displayed in each channel? Im not sure who would ever want all that garbage clagging up the channels or hogging up their hard rive but how the heck do I turn that 'feature' off?

Well I don't know why you chat if you consider your conversations "garbage", and the space taken up by logs is infitesimal compared to modern hard drive capacities, but OK, your choice I guess. To disable these features go to the mIRC Options dialog, on the side-treebar select IRC, then Logging, and then:
- Set the Reload logsdropdown to None to stop the logs being reloaded into chats
- Set the Automatically log dropdown to None to stop the logs being kept at all (and dream of what you can do with that extra 2MB of HDD space!)

I never said my conversations are garbage. (You ought to consider being a politician, you are pretty good at spinning.) What I said was that old conversations that I had days, weeks, months, or yeras ago are garbage. I dont need to see that nor do I need to waste my hard drive space storing it. If I allowed every application I used to grab and keep drive space as it deemed appropriate Id soon run out. I see you fail to recognize things in the larger picture. Thats ashamed it will come back to bite you in life at some point.