Perhaps too many of the advanced users are looking at the specific needs of their mIRC scripts and not always looking at the quality of openess mIRC allows by being able to use DLLs.

I'm part of the common folk of mIRC. I do have my own scripts, and I do have information that needs stored. Though, I personally believe that implementing SQL into mIRC would just be a waste for the other thousands of mIRC users that are out there today.

If you honestly need to use a SQL database to store information than you can just use a DLL with mIRC. Make your own aliases that work according to your needs (Like I Do).

I do agree to arguements on both sides of this topic. Though, in a general thought of all the users who use mIRC. Adding SQL support would be a waste of space.

Also, like others have said. When you add support for one type of SQL database storing method (SQLite, MySQL) there will be others who will want other types.

Fortunately, Khaled thought of a great way to solve the problem by simpling ALLOWING DLLs =)

Live to Dream & Dream for Life