Originally Posted By: deegee

The 1st (me:*:part:#) script will remove ALL protects for the channel you are parting.
The 2nd (disconnect) script will remove ALL protects from ANY channels you're on when you disconnect.

I dont need ALL protects to be removed, I only need the protects that have been added with the first script I posted to be removed, EITHER when leaving a channel OR when closing mirc

Originally Posted By: deegee

That's right, the 3rd script above is to replace your me:*:join event because Raw 366 ("End of /NAMES list")is the earliest mIRC can know the userlist for a channel. No need for a timer guesstimating when the names list is filled. smile
I added the #channel to the paramaters though, assuming you had wanted those users protected.

the raw is better than the timer?

I mean the script with the timer may fail due to slow internet speed, where the userlist may not load before the timer ends

the raw will never fail to get the userlist completely?

what I want to do is mentioned in the first post with the script: I want to /protect the non-regular users' ip/hosts when I join any channel

I wouldnt like this protect to work for specific channels, but it would be ok to work for the specific network
the ip/host should be added regardless channel and network

PS: I am not familiar with the raw script you posted, can I just replace the 'on me:^&*:join:#:' with 'raw 366:*:' in the first script I posted?

thanks!

Last edited by nataliad; 08/05/07 12:37 AM.