I seem to be having problems using the DLL on the laptop. I wrote and published the DLL on this computer and I guess it automatically registered it with COM when it built. I used regasm, but /comopen still won't work on the laptop. Maybe it's because I haven't installed that specific version of the speech agent on the laptop. That seems like it shouldn't matter though, because I'm not even trying to use the speech agent DLL at that point, just trying to /comopen my own DLL. I'll look into it some more. I'd like to be able to write an installer package that you can run that would register the DLL on your computer, but I don't know if it can be done and how. Maybe tomorrow evening or this weekend, I'll install the speech software and try again to register the DLL.

If anyone wants to give this a try, you can get my DLL at My Microsoft Speech Agent DLL
You may also want the other DLL that goes with it, the Microsoft DLL for the Speech Agent. I don't know if that will even work. You might have to register both DLLs, or you may be better off installing the Microsoft SAPI seperately. If you want to get the Speech Agent DLL from me, you can get that here

I guess I should show you an example of how to use it. You'll get the idea from this small section.
Code:
on *:text:*:*:{
  if ($com(speech)) { noop $com(speech,speak,3,bstr,$1-)) }
}

On the START event, you'll need "comopen speech speech.speech". I haven't tested the section about changing the speed, but here's an example alias that should work.
Code:
alias changespeed {
noop $com(speech,speed,3,bstr,$2))
}

The values for speed are from -10 to 10.

Last edited by bwr30060; 15/12/06 02:11 AM.