Your thoughts are good, except that probably 99% of downloading done through mIRC is illegal. As such, there is a sticky that moderators have posted on this forum stating that we don't help with that stuff. It's very easy for someone to say they are just downloading something legal, such as pictures... in fact, "pictures" is the most common reason that people give when trying to talk us into helping them. Almost all of the time, they are lying about what they are using it for and since we have no way to verify it, we really need to just say no because it's such a high percentage of illegal downloads. Besides, if it's just pictures or something similar, there are many better methods for sending them.

Keep in mind that this is the official forum, so certain things aren't allowed here for that reason. Also, there are a LOT of forums out there that DO help you with such things, so it isn't like we are the only source for scripting help.

I know that some of the people here (including some of the main helpers) disagree with the policy, but as long as it's a forum rule, we need to adhere to it.

All of that said... this is asking for a script that just makes it look cosmetically better. It isn't asking for help making a script that does anything with actual downloading. Because of that, I think it would be fine to help with it, though I'm not sure quite how to do it other than by a DLL (if one exists).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net