Heh, maybe I don't have the credentials to make my comments on this (seeing as I only have like under 10 posts atm), but just remember that DCC is a legitimite protocol for sending legitimate files. Fileservers are also legitimate as long as the files shared on it are not protected by copyright law and/or are legal to share from computer A to computer B according to the countr(ies)' laws.

My opinion is unless they are mentioning using the protocol for illegal purposes (which is a good way for them to get sued anyways), they should be able to get help on scripting for it.

Now I have seen some mIRC scripts with what you are talking about...I know the name of one in particular (pretty sure at least) but I don't know if the admins want me listing copies of Scripted mIRC's around on their forum :P Look around at some of the more popular ones though - I'm pretty sure you'll find something.

(And if nothing else, learn how to use certain DLLs to get the HWND of all active DCC windows, move them off the screen if desired to keep them from being visible, and extract various information from the window such as %, time left, etc -- all windows, which dialogs are, are readable/writeable via Windows programs laugh)