Ok... here is my problem and I know I've mentioned it in years past...

I have the Japanese code pages installed on my computer. Because of that, my computer displays the control codes differently than normal. For example, rather than seeing unfilled squares for each code, I see different symbols... ctrl-b and ctrl-k are both L shaped things (one right side up, one upside down). ctrl-o is a star-like character (kind of like a full height *). That is all fine... it doesn't really affect anything.

The problem is ctrl-u. Ctrl-u is displayed as a space. This means that I can't use ctrl-u in scripts because they don't understand what it is (scripts assume it's a normal space). I've done a workaround with a script by making users do ctrl-r instead of ctrl-u because that symbol works fine and ctrl-r isn't really used for anything anymore (it used to be reverse).

So, my "feature" request is that there is an secondary character that is accepted for ctrl-u and perhaps other characters. Perhaps have a setting in options, where you check it if you have the Japanese code pages loaded. Then, when you press those ctrl-keys, you get the alternate symbol displayed and anyone using your script wouldn't need that set because mIRC accepts both original and alternate ctrl-code characters. It really would only change how things are entered.

One thing that would need to be added with it is that if you do a statement such as to check what a user entered... if ($did(134) == Ctrl-b) { do this } , then what I put as an alternate for ctrl-b in that if statement would also be true if the original ctrl-b symbol was entered by a user who didn't use the alternate symbols.

If this doesn't make sense, feel free to ask questions. It took me a long time to figure out that it was the code page that caused this problem. It's rather troublesome at times.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net