(replied to last post)

here's my take on the whole abuse thing:

What ISNT abused these days? If things are implemented properly, or have a way to block things from being used (which Khaled has done on a number of things), then as long as the implementation of it doesn't muck mirc up, why not add it? Do I mean for italics? Sure. What about registry access? If there's a way to PREVENT mirc from doing it, sure -perhaps in the LOCK options. Perhaps even an option on instal to allow a basic vs advanced instal (suggested before) where advanced opens everythign up and basic hides the most dangerous options. Do I mean it for smilies/emoticons? Yes I do. What about this or that? Sure, add them, but keep giving us the functional control over them that has historically kept mirc above and beyond the rest.

All Im suggesting is this (which may contradict my own comments from ages ago):

If we can turn off certain abilities, strip them, lock them, or otherwise protect our mirc/pc's from abuse, then add it. If "it will be abused" is countered with "not if you utilize this function/feature", perhaps more things would be added and less squabbling over minor things could be seen

The next comment is this - that I issue to mirc's population:

Dont just BLINDLY download a script or "basic mirc" from some website that you really dont know or trust. Over half the issues we have seen through the LIFE of these message boards has been because of that. I can say that because people here know I've been on these boards for 5 years or so and have helped answer many a question. I challange everybody to take responsibility over their own actions, be careful, cautious and protective of their systems and not blindly $$^$&$^&%&^$^%$&^&$^%$ things up.

(sarcasm) If people would just be cautious before using things, half these abusive issues wouldnt be around ..... and the other half we could filter(/sarcasm)

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it