Hello,

I almost never post with problems, but this one's puzzling me. I'll start off by saying this is occuring in 6.16, and haven't gotten around to installing 6.17, so it may be fixed. If it is, someone with 6.17 test it, and let me know so I can feel foolish. grin

Anyways, I'm creating a game bot and trying to use a menu system to direct the target of an @input window's text. It uses a simple variable with the value of it's destination, and works--kind of. I'm trying to get the menu to dynamically populate with a list of team names, as to direct text to team-specific. My problem is this: When I try to build the first team, it messes up with the name, and displays the command in the menu item, and attached no command. Check it out:

What I did notice was it seems to be the { character. mIRC wants to parse it as a command beginning, despite it being before a colon. Maybe a bug? Try the following:

Code:
menu channel {
  Demo Dest
  .Blah 1: /echo -a Menu -3
  .Blah 2: /echo -a Menu -2
  .Blah 3: /echo -a Menu -1
  .-
  .$subMenu($broken_submenu($$1))
}

alias broken_submenu {
  if ($1 == begin || $1 == end) return -
  else {
    var %team0 = }JeV{*, %team1 = *JeV*, %teams = 2
    var %team = $calc($1 - 2)
    if (%team < %teams) return %team [ $+ [ %team ] ] : /echo Menu %team
  }
}

Now, make the %team0 }JeV*. It should resolve itself. Seems to be a parse error in the submenu routine. Can anyone confirm?

-KingTomato