The hashtable script should appear in the remotes section of MIRC not under program files!!!!
The HASHTABLENAME is of course ment to be changed to what ever you want to call it, If u want to call it say BOBOtheMONKEY.TXT call it that, thats a filename, but can double as the hashtable name just fine.

There was a fault in it that was stoping it from working, something small and hard to see, which is a bit tipicale for scripts i write in here, I forgot to put a *: on the !update event so it works for where ever (you might eventually want to reduce that to a smaller lot but thats up to u)
I also added a filter to sort the save file, so its a nice order.

Code:
alias -l hash.table {
  var %hash.table = HASHTABLENAME
  if (!$hget(%hash.table)) {
    hmake %hash.table
    if ($isfile(%hash.table)) {
      hload -n %hash.table %hash.table
    }
  }
  return %hash.table
}
on *:TEXT:!update & & & *:#:{
  if ($hfind($hash.table,$+($2,$chr(9),*),1,w).data) { var %item = $v1 }
  else { var %item = $+($ctime,$ticks,$rand(1000000,1999999)) }
  hadd $hash.table %item $+($2,$chr(9),$3,$chr(9),$4,$chr(9),$5)
  hsave -no $hash.table $hash.table
  filter -ffct 1 9 $hash.table $hash.table
}
on *:text:@info &:*:{
  if ($hfind($hash.table,$+($2,$chr(9),*),1,w).data) { var %item = $v1 | msg $chan $nick : $+ $hget($hash.table,%item) }
  else { msg $chan $nick : $2 Not present }
}

* code has been tested and works, remember on text events only trigger from remote clients NOT from the BOT itself. *

* remeber also that NOTEPAD doesnt show saved hashtables corerectly (no newlines) using WORDPAD should display it correctly

[i]--edit--

Something i just thought of, the "Nick TAB Data TAB RealName TAB Phonenumber" info from !update is saved as the hashtable DATA, not the hashtable ITEMname which is randomely generated (just a big number thats pretty unlikly to ever exist already in the table, its like 26 digits long).
If your mirc is restarted then all existing hashtable entries get reloaded from the savefile, these get issued numbers from 1 onwards as there ITEMname, but since the ITEMname isnt important just the data thats fine.

Last edited by DaveC; 04/04/06 07:05 AM.