Quote:
well each .ini looks like this
1134869281 line1
1134869282 line2
1134869283 line3
......etc
basically the time, then the actual info , which i have no problem the way it is now, just not sure how to check other .ini's
is that enough info?
each ini should be identical to the other in most cases, but just incase, that is why i need to be able to check a 2nd or more .ini's , each comes from a diff source and one may update before the other.

If your ini files are populated the way you say, then they are not true .ini files, but mere text files with the ini extension. Ini files have a specific structure, whereas text files (your case) have none. The structure is:

[topic]
item=value

Type //run $mircini, and see for yourself what a real .ini file looks like.

My suspiciouns were confirmed, you don't need to use multiple ini files at all, you can simply have them all in one ini file, with each channel being a topic:

[#help]
1134869283 line3

[#jokes]
1134869282 line2

Anyway, needless to say, if you want to make some sort of quoting bot, then using an .ini file (a true ini file) or text file etc. is not really a good idea, since its data isn't held in memory, which means for each lookup your mIRC has to do disk access.

Btw, when I started my first post in this thread, no one had replied yet, but by the time I was finished, you had already given a little (though not enough) information, which probably made my post look weird.

Gone.