The script does most of what I want it to do, although I have noticed some problems. On joins, if it finds a match from the file, it's supposed to say "Blake was Blake-brb, Blake-away" etc. I've noticed that it won't do that for me on joins, and I'm not sure why. It does it on nick though. From the beginning, to explain the whole script, it's supposed to do this:

1. On join, if it does not find a match, it makes a two line entry in the log, just like Riamus said, like this:

*!*@192.34.124.1
Riamus
If it finds a match, it is supposed to tell me who they were like I mentioned before.
2. Quits and parts are the same. If it did not find a match, it writes the two line entry. I also have another log to record when they left, but that doesn't need worked with.
3. Nick changes are the same as joins. I just want it to tell me who they were and record the nick.

I'm kinda out of it right now (tired), so I apologize if I missed anything. You can ask any questions you have. Thanks.

PS--I just fixed the on join problem. The original line was this:
if (%ad = %adold) { echo match found $nick }
I changed it to this:
if (%ad = %adold) { echo match found $nick | notice Blake $nick was $remove(%nickwas,nick) }
I'm not sure why I wasn't noticed on joins with this line:
if ($nick iswm %nickwas) { notice Blake $nick was $remove(%nickwas,nick) }
Oh well, I'm giving this up for tonight. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by bwr30060; 18/11/05 05:40 AM.