mIRC Homepage
Posted By: bwr30060 Nick tracking script needs some work - 17/11/05 08:17 AM
Hey,

I have a script that tracks what nicks a person has used by using $address. It works for the most part except for two problems, one of which I think I fixed tonight. On joins, it used to say "Match found PersonsName" and "No match found PersonsName" at the same time, but I reversed two lines and I think that will work. I wasn't on the server long enough to tell. My other problem is that the variable gets too long and I get errors. Is there any way to change this script to make it work with more data? I thought hash tables might have something to do with it, but I dont know much about those. Also, would there be a way to keep the data I have in the log files and use it in the new fix for this? Thanks, here's the script.

Code:
on 1:JOIN:#: {
  { set -u5 %owner.chan $chan }
  { set %jointime. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] $fulldate }
  { set %join. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] 1 }
  { set %defaultqmsg "The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
    unset %addressoldlocation
    unset %nicklist
    unset %ad
    unset %adold
    unset %oldnicklist
    var %ad = $address  
    var %adold = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,w, %ad) 
    var %addressoldlocation = $readn + 1
    var %nickwas = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,n,%addressoldlocation)
    var %nicklist = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,n,%addressoldlocation) $+ , $nick
    var %oldnicklist = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,n,%addressoldlocation)
    if ($nick iswm %nickwas) { notice Blake $nick was $remove(%nickwas,nick) }
    if (%ad = %adold) { echo match found $nick }
    elseif (%ad != %adold) { write -l %addressoldlocation C:\mirc\nicks.txt %nicklist }
    else { echo no match found $nick | write C:\mirc\nicks.txt %ad | write C:\mirc\nicks.txt $nick }
    unset %nicklist
    unset %ad
    unset %adold
    unset %nickwas
    unset %oldnicklist
    unset %jointime. [ $+ [ $nick ] 
    halt
  }
}  
on 1:PART:#: {
  unset %jdate
  unset %join. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
  unset %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
  unset %fdjoin. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
  unset %jointime. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
  var %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]  $fulldate
  if (%join. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] = 1) { write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $address | write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $nick joined $chan on $date at %jointime and left on %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] } 
  else { write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $address | write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $nick parted on %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] }
  halt
}
on 1:QUIT: {
  unset %jointime. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
  unset %jdate
  var %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]  $fulldate
  if (%join. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] = 1) { write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $address | write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $nick joined $chan on $date at %jointime and left on %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] } 
  elseif ($nick == $me) { /unsetall }
  else { write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $address | write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $nick parted on %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] }
  halt
}
on 1:KICK:#: {
  var %quit. [ $+ [ $knick ] ]  $fulldate
  if (%join. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] = 1) { write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $address | write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $knick joined $chan on $date at %jointime and was kicked on %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] } 
  else { write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $address | write C:\mirc\whowas.txt $knick was kicked on %quit. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] }
  halt
}
on 1:NICK: {
  unset %nicklist
  unset %ad
  unset %adold
  var %ad = $address  
  var %adold = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,w, %ad) 
  var %addressoldlocation = $readn + 1
  var %nickwas = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,n,%addressoldlocation)
  var %nicklist = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,n,%addressoldlocation) $+ , $newnick
  var %oldnicklist = $read(C:\mirc\nicks.txt,n,%addressoldlocation)
  if (*phobia* iswm $newnick)  { msg #chat $read(phobia.txt,w, $newnick $+ *) }
  elseif ($newnick isin %oldnicklist) { notice Blake $newnick was %nicklist }
  elseif (%ad = %adold) { echo match found $nick | notice $me $newnick was %nickwas | write -l %addressoldlocation C:\mirc\nicks.txt %nicklist }
  else { echo no match found %newnick | write C:\mirc\nicks.txt %ad | write C:\mirc\nicks.txt $newnick | halt }
  unset %nicklist
  unset %ad
  unset %adold
  unset %oldnicklist
}
Posted By: benjy355 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 17/11/05 05:23 PM
What is this script supposed to do? Log IP's? 'cause if it is just use
Code:
on *:JOIN:#: {
/writeini loggedips.ini $remove($address($nick,2),@,!,*) $nick $time
/echo $nick Logged as $remove($address($nick,2),@,!,*)
}

...But yeah, what is your code supposed to do?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 17/11/05 05:49 PM
No. His code is to track all nicks for a given IP/DNS.

Example:

*!*@192.34.124.1
Riamus Riamus[Away] Riamus[Sleep] Not_Me

It helps to allow you to know if someone changed their nick in an effort to hide who they are.

The use of &binvars will probably help you out without having to really change much of your script.
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 17/11/05 05:59 PM
Hey,

Thanks for that info. I looked into binary variables and didn't understand it completely. Could you give me an example of how it works or how it could help me here? And is there a way to keep the info I have in the log file from the existing script> Thanks
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 17/11/05 06:48 PM
I've never actually messed with them, but here... This will read the first line of the file. What you'll need to do is change the "1" in the bread based on where you want to start your search. You'll need to find the address in the file (use $read) and figure out what character in the file that that address line starts on. Replace 1 with that. Then, it will read in the line for that address... assuming the address is on the same line as the nicks.

Code:
  var &nicks
  bread -t [color:red]your_file.txt[/color] 1 99999 &nicks

Then, you will use /btrunc to truncate the list of nicks at perhaps 900 or so characters and display those, then display the next X characters using $bvar(&nicks,%startinglocation,900)

Maybe someone else can give a better explanation. As I said, I've never really used them.
You should post exactly what you want the script to do. For example:

When user joins/changes nick:
- Log their nick, address, join time to a file
- Check for other nicknames that used that address
- Report the other nicknames to someone

When user quits/parts/gets kicked:
- Log their nick, address, part time to a file

-genius_at_work
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 18/11/05 05:05 AM
The script does most of what I want it to do, although I have noticed some problems. On joins, if it finds a match from the file, it's supposed to say "Blake was Blake-brb, Blake-away" etc. I've noticed that it won't do that for me on joins, and I'm not sure why. It does it on nick though. From the beginning, to explain the whole script, it's supposed to do this:

1. On join, if it does not find a match, it makes a two line entry in the log, just like Riamus said, like this:

*!*@192.34.124.1
Riamus
If it finds a match, it is supposed to tell me who they were like I mentioned before.
2. Quits and parts are the same. If it did not find a match, it writes the two line entry. I also have another log to record when they left, but that doesn't need worked with.
3. Nick changes are the same as joins. I just want it to tell me who they were and record the nick.

I'm kinda out of it right now (tired), so I apologize if I missed anything. You can ask any questions you have. Thanks.

PS--I just fixed the on join problem. The original line was this:
if (%ad = %adold) { echo match found $nick }
I changed it to this:
if (%ad = %adold) { echo match found $nick | notice Blake $nick was $remove(%nickwas,nick) }
I'm not sure why I wasn't noticed on joins with this line:
if ($nick iswm %nickwas) { notice Blake $nick was $remove(%nickwas,nick) }
Oh well, I'm giving this up for tonight. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 18/11/05 05:51 AM
Hi,

Sorry for all the posts. I do have one more question about the current script. If it does not find a match on join, it only echoes "No match found" in my status window. It's supposed to say "No match found PersonsName" With this line in the script, how is it not including the name?
Code:
else { echo no match found $nick | write C:\mirc\nicks.txt %ad | write C:\mirc\nicks.txt $nick }
Here is a preliminary script that I wrote to record hosts/nicks for you. I wasn't sure exactly what you wanted to be informed of, etc.. so I just made it how I would want such a script to operate. Here is the code:
Code:

alias -l wwsend [color:blue]notice geniusBOT[/color] $1-

on *:JOIN:#: {
  var %wwaddr = $gettok($address,2,64)
  var %wwtimes = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$nick)),1,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwpart = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$nick)),3,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwmsg = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$nick)),4,58),$ifmatch,0)

writeini -n whowas.ini %wwaddr $+(n.,$nick) $+($calc(%wwtimes + 1),:,$ctime,:,%wwpart,:,%wwmsg)

var %wwncount = $ini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,0)
  if (%wwncount > 1) {
    wwsend $nick has used $calc(%wwncount - 1) other nicks. $nick was:

var %wwnick, %wwlist, %wwnum = 1
    while (%wwnum < %wwncount) {
      %wwnick = $gettok($ini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,%wwnum),2,46)
      if ($len($addtok(%wwlist,$chr(32) $+ %wwnick,44)) > 300) {
        wwsend %wwlist
        %wwlist = $null
      }
      %wwlist = $addtok(%wwlist,$chr(32) $+ %wwnick,44)
      inc %wwnum
    }
    if ($len(%wwlist) > 0) wwsend %wwlist
  }
} 

on *:NICK: {
  var %wwtimes = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$newnick)),1,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwpart = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$newnick)),3,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwmsg = NICK- was $nick

writeini -n whowas.ini %wwaddr $+(n.,$newnick) $+($calc(%wwtimes + 1),:,$ctime,:,%wwpart,:,%wwmsg)

var %wwncount = $ini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,0)
  if (%wwncount > 1) {
    wwsend $newnick has used $calc(%wwncount - 1) other nicks. $newnick was:

var %wwnick, %wwlist, %wwnum = 1
    while (%wwnum < %wwncount) {
      %wwnick = $gettok($ini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,%wwnum),2,46)
      if ($len($addtok(%wwlist,$chr(32) $+ %wwnick,44)) > 300) {
        wwsend %wwlist
        %wwlist = $null
      }
      %wwlist = $addtok(%wwlist,$chr(32) $+ %wwnick,44)
      inc %wwnum
    }
    if ($len(%wwlist) > 0) wwsend %wwlist
  }
}

on *:PART:#: {
  var %wwtimes = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$nick)),1,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwjoin = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$nick)),2,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwmsg = PART- $1-

writeini -n whowas.ini %wwaddr $+(n.,$nick) $+(%wwtimes,:,%wwjoin,:,$ctime,:,%wwmsg)
}
on 1:QUIT: {
  var %wwjoin = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$nick)),2,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwmsg = QUIT- $1-

writeini -n whowas.ini %wwaddr $+(n.,$nick) $+(%wwtimes,:,%wwjoin,:,$ctime,:,%wwmsg)
}
on 1:KICK:#: {
  var %wwtimes = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$knick)),1,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwjoin = $iif($gettok($readini(whowas.ini,%wwaddr,$+(n.,$knick)),2,58),$ifmatch,0)
  var %wwmsg = KICK- $1-

writeini -n whowas.ini %wwaddr $+(n.,$knick) $+(%wwtimes,:,%wwjoin,:,$ctime,:,%wwmsg)
}

I made it keep track of how many times the person has joined/changed nicks, when they last joined/changed nicks, when they last quit/parted/were kicked, and a message to keep track of their changes (QUITs, KICKs, PARTs, NICKs, and any accompanying messages).

The blue part in the first line of code is what you would change if you wanted the notifications to be /echo'd or /msg'd, etc.

If you need help making any further changes to the code, just post it here.

-genius_at_work
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 18/11/05 02:00 PM
Quote:
Hi,

Sorry for all the posts. I do have one more question about the current script. If it does not find a match on join, it only echoes "No match found" in my status window. It's supposed to say "No match found PersonsName" With this line in the script, how is it not including the name?
Code:

Code:
echo no match found %newnick 

You didn't use $nick in your code above, you used %newnick. If you used $newnick, this would do what you wanted, I think.
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 18/11/05 04:01 PM
I used %newnick in the ON NICK section, but in the ON JOIN section where I'm having problems, I used $nick. Not sure what to do there. Thanks.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Nick tracking script needs some work - 18/11/05 04:05 PM
Ah, my mistake. I'm not sure why it's not displaying the nick. It would take some debugging to figure that out. Just a couple notes with looking more closely at your script...

/var doesn't need to be /unset. So you can remove all those /unset lines as long as the variable is set with /var instead of /set.

And, your first 3 lines in the on join have {}'s around them for some reason. I'm not sure why as those aren't needed.

Anyhow, you might want to try out the other script posted above and see if that does what you need. I've not looked at it or tested it, so I'm not sure exactly what it does right now.
© mIRC Discussion Forums