Yeah, I use Wordpad often for that. It works well for pasting into mIRC, but not for pasting to the forum here without first going through mIRC because there is no spacing and every line is spaced out like what you say Firefox does.

Using quote is good, though newbies don't know it. For that matter, they don't know to use Wordpad. That's why I had mentioned it. But, if Firefox displays it with extra spacing, then I guess we have to choose which way is better for newbies. Personally, I'd choose to do the Edit method since more users use IE (not positive if that is true on this particular forum, but in general IE is still the leader... site/forum logs could tell us that information) and because it's easier to remove extra vertical spacing between lines than it is to reformat code from one line into many lines or to explain to users to paste it into Wordpad or to use Quote. And for scripts that use the &+ line breaks to prevent scrolling, a note at the top to make sure the lines are spaced vertically would solve that for the most part.

Dunno... maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Just thought it would benefit people to be able to easily copy/paste without losing the formatting.