As for the bugs with 6.16, yes, they are coding issues. Unfortunately, cryoa has not been around to release a new version that fixes those problems. The patch released by L|B, myself, and a few others fixes some of those, and I'm considering releasing another one that should fix the rest as well as adding new features and improving on others. Not really sure what that has to do with anything, but I don't disagree that the problems with 6.16 are coding problems.

Ok, there are enhancements to ftp/tdcc/xdcc/fserv/mp3. 4 things improved upon. There are 17 different menu items and some of those have many different improvements in them. 5/17 isn't much. Ok, 6 if you count dcc manager that really is still part of the rest. And, since FTP isn't part of invision, that doesn't even really count. It's just an ad. Count it if you want, though.

Let's see what else there is...
Protections, autojoins, colors, sounds, themes, acronyms, system information, music player (with a nice playlist if you use my addon), channel controls, auto identifier, nick recovery, user list manager, /away improvements, lag monitor, !ping, !seen, greeters, nick completer, announcer, and much more.

Please, show me how I am incorrect in saying that most of the script isn't related to serving. "Most" refers to 50% or more.

Prove that 75%+ use it illegally? Fine.

/server pick_any_major_one
/join #warez
/join #mp3
/join #0-day

If those don't work, try others, or search for them. Now, try:

/join #my_vacation_pics
/join #cool_pics_I_took
/join #my_band's_music

(Those are obviously not channels you can probably find, but the point is valid...)

Count the users in all the legitimate file sharing channels and the users in all the illegal file sharing channels. There, I have proven to you that over 75% use it for illegal downloads. And, I'd be willing to bet that at least 95% of filesharing is illegal (and probably closer to 99%). I offered 75% to be fair.

I bet that if you offered to help anyone with a filesharing problem, if they let you visit the channel they are trying to get it to work in, and see what is on the fserv that they are dealing with (without telling them why you're looking), you will find that just about everyone is using it illegally.

If the rule is that we don't help with illegal filesharing, why try to distinguish between the two, when most are using it illegally? Why not just tell people to go use one of the hundreds (perhaps thousands) of sites/forums/channels/etc that help specifically with filesharing?

Take a poll on here and ask users what percentage of downloading done with mIRC is illegal. Give them choices of 10% intervals and see what you get. I think you'd guess the results accurately. I doubt you would answer it at under 80% if you're being honest with what you think. Am I wrong? What would you say is the percentage of illegal (or legal, if you want) filesharing that is done with mIRC (completely ignoring if you think we should help regardless of the legal issues... just considering how much you believe is legal/illegal).

In all honesty, if the forum decided to start helping all filesharing/downloading questions, I'd help out as well. I have no qualms about doing so and I honestly don't care what people download. If they get caught, they are the ones in trouble, not me. But, until the forum decides to officially support such questions, I'm not going to do so. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net