Actually since I am a firefighter I know what their job is .. and you have it mostly wrong.

1> Their main concern is to contain the fire, as in to stop it from spreading. In some cases they will put water on building around the burning one instead of directly putting out the fire.

2> in many places firefighters don't rescue victims, that is the job of the rescue team. Yes, they are qualified to rescue and do so on many occasions, but it's not a primary mission.

3> I "dummied" up the job of fireman because most people don't know what their priorities are and getting technical as you tried to do is nothing more than trying to find flaws in my request.

So before you criticize someones anagolgies .. make sure you know what your talking about.

Quote:

As you said, you have gotten a lot of help before you ever paid.

You should re-read my post .. I never once said " I got alot of help" I said "I got all my questions answered" and there is a huge difference.

But it's all a moot point as far as I'm concerned .. I've decided to switch to Klient (another client I've paid for) At least Tom will answer me.

For those that think I'm switching just because of this thread .. you'd be wrong. My frustrations with mIRC have been mounting for the last 9 years. Repeatedly scripters and loyal users have requested very simple features or certain things to be fixed/changed such as /list outputting the whole list instead of having to resort to /quote list on some occasions and stop stripping the extra spaces .. some of us want the extra spaces .. in fact some want it so badly they hacked mIRC to get info to write a dll that would stop the spaces from being stripped. Many scripters have switched because of such requests being ignored for years. Well I'm done .. add my name to the list of switchers.

--

katsklaw
Rather experienced Admin
Rather experienced mIRC Scripter
Amateur C Coder