The thread started has only given minimal information on what he wanted. Too little to make a decent script without making any assumptions. It can even be that he meant something entirely different but just asked the wrong questions. This can happen because of language problems, laziness, not knowing what he actually wants, unfamiliarity with mIRC or scripting, ... (This is a general comment, I am not saying the thread starter is any or all of the above)

But now to your comment: the only difference between my code and RusselB's (the one I replied to) is that my code will activate mIRC and show a message box when it's minimized and the active channel is the given one. This means, in fact, that with my version, the message box will be shown on more occasions than RusselB's, not less.

if ((!$appactive) || (($active != $1)) means: this test only fails when mIRC is active and the active channel is the correct one, in other words, when he's looking at the same channel he'd be directed to if the popup were to show.