hi,

is there any possible way to create or implement a _real_ time(stamp)-format counting milliseconds ?
i know there's all the ways like $ticks and multimedia-timers to workaround with and i've been trying to combine them to a working time-format, relatively resetting a milliseconds-variable to 0 when the seconds advance, so that a 'full' second indeed (relatively) goes from theoretical 0 to 999 ms (though the timer counting 'realtime' ticks by 1 to about 16 milliseconds mostly budges to the same milliseconds (between about 13 and 18) over and over again).
sofar the milliseconds aren't as accurate as i'd like them to be, firstly because the whole thing uses up way too much system resources that way, and secondly because the milliseconds aren't really 'realtime' because of that 'budging' (like when setting a simple 1-millisecond-timer nearly repeats the same milliseconds (differing by those 13-18 seconds from each other) every second, as it doesn't actually seem to be calculating or getting them directly from the cpu-clk somehow, but simply 'reads' a windows-internal timer (?). or where do the milliseconds for the $ticks function come from ?

so my forward question is, if there's no more resource-saving method of counting or calculating 'realtime'-ms (not ticks- or timer-ms) ?
and -if not- why's the $ticks function exactly bound to the system's install time ? would it somehow be possible to add a variable/placeholder to the $asctime function, say 'lll' or 'LLL' for milliseconds like 'hh' for hours, so that $asctime(LLL) would actually give me the 'realtime' milliseconds of the current second ?

i hope someone aproximately realizes what i'm up to.
something like such a 'high resolution' time would come in handy, ex. when i'd want my time to be based on another time deviding logic than the common sexagesimal time system.

-harl-

edit1: moved post from "mIRC Help" to "Scripts & Popups"

edit2: an additional fact working against a possible usage of milliseconds manually is, that even when i wanted to devide a day into 1.000.000 pieces instead of 86400, mirc still updates the timestamp backgrounds/internally only once per second, so trying to split a second into 10 small pieces doesn't really work, as mirc shows 10 times the same timestamp regardless of the deviding logic, because my transformation's based on the sexagesimal seconds by $asctime.