Quote:
If someone WANTS to use webcam, they will get the script to use it. If they DON'T care about webcam, then they will not. It is that simple. You make it sound like having everyone get the script is a problem. It isn't. If someone wants to do webcam, they'll get it. Just because you want to use webcam doesn't mean everyone else has to have it as an option.

Sure, you can say that you have the script but can't use it since no one else has it. That isn't the fault of the script. That means that other people don't WANT to use webcam in mIRC. If they really wanted to use webcam in mIRC, they'd get that script.

Many people use only one IM client and not all of them. Sure, they could install all of them or use a multiple client like Trillian so they can talk to people on all clients. If they care about that, they will do so. If they don't care, then they'll only use teh client they like. It's really the same thing. If someone wants to do it, they will.

I am amaizing how negative you are about the webcam issue. I think it is really the only way to get webcam support for newbies to add it directly on software not a script made to mIRC so that those who wanna speak webcam does go to download em. This is false. Now if they want to chat webcam they say:

Hello who are you?
-I am guy from Finland
Oh really may I voice-chat and video talk with you?
-ok here is my messenger: plaah@piippilidoo.com
Ok wait a second. See you at messenger.

You arent going to say hey lets do it with mIRC... You just have to go there and there and dowload that and that and after 30min babling OMG you got A mIRC script and OMG we see each others!!!

Thats the why just if UNKNOWN people meets not girlfriends and moms because as you know they would use messenger with contacting you as messenger sees you email too.

Thats the reason why implementing voice and webcam supports make it easier and more fun to chat.

And ofcourse I mean external (donno if that was a correct word) support for webcam user to user not using IRC as it takes too much bandwith for IRC networks.

Let keep mIRC as a text client but add a support for voice and webcam so that if someone wants they can easilly do it. With everybody with options not to take a webcam reguestes if you do not have webcam or do not want to use it somehow.

Still I havent seen a good reason why not to upgrade mIRC into the nowdays needs.

Last edited by Jeroi; 25/05/05 09:22 PM.