1) Ok in the strict sense of "minimizing" it is indeed not the same, but the window is gone and no longer in the way, which is pretty much what he wanted, so he can test code without the editor blocking the view.

2) I didn't say it updates the file, I implied it updates the script in memory.

Open the editor, tab remote.
Type: alias blah echo -a test
Type /blah in mirc, nothing happens.
Click on {} and type blah again: it echos 'test'

That means it has updated it in the cached script file, which is handy for testing code. You code, click {} so that it's updated, click on main mIRC app and test, then you go back to the scripts editor which was hidden, make changes, click {} and test again. This instead of continually closing/opening the editor. You're finally done testing/scripting? Click Ok and it is now also saved to file.

The way I have understood his 2 suggestions is basically: he wants to script, and test his code without having to continually closing the editor, and testing. He'd rather have it so that the Scripts Editor isn't on top so he can easily switch to the main mIRC window, and also that he can just press a button to update his code without having to close the editor. After rereading his first post I'm almost positive that the things I told him are spot on of what he wants (even though he wants to see it done through a min/max button, and perhaps true minimizing)

Gone.