ok you almost got what i want i want to inc %z to 10 when
%z is greater than 10 i want to reset the directory then play ten songs from that directory and switch again th point of the goto in answer to Hammer's Question was supposed to do that but obviously it doesnt ? hope that helps make sense of it thx for the help smile

ok i think i got it
Code:

alias contplay {  
  if ( %mp3dir == 1 ) { set %p3dir c:\documents and settings\desktop\skynyrd tunes\ }
  if ( %mp3dir == 2 ) { set %p3dir c:\documents and settings\desktop\motown\ }
  if ( %mp3dir == 3 ) { set %p3dir c:\documents and settings\desktop\tunes\ }
  if ( %mp3dir == 4 ) { set %p3dir c:\documents and settings\desktop\alternative\ }
  set %rand $findfile(%p3dir,*.mp3,$rand(1,$findfile(%p3dir,*.mp3,*)))
  run -np %rand
  msg $active 1 $+ $chr(91) $+  $+ $rand(1,7) $+ Continuous-Play $+ 1 $+ $chr(93) 1 $&
    $+ $chr(91) $+  $+ $rand(1,7) $+ $nopath(%rand) $+ 1 $+ $chr(93) 
  set %starttime $mp3(%rand).length / 1000
  inc %z
  .timersong 1 %starttime /contplay
  if ( %z > 10 ) {
    set %z 0
    set %mp3dir $rand(1,4)
    .timersong off
     /contplay 
  }
}

not sure if it works i havent gotten to 10 yet but that might better explain what i wanted and i took out the goto smile

[EDIT: RE-formatted, yet again, the long line to better fit the forum.

Cheech: there is no reason to post long lines like that; they simply mess up the formatting of the forum, making anything with a long reply line require users to use the horizontal scroll bar. Since your long line is just a series of commands, putting each command on a separate line only makes sense. How you actually store it in your mIRC editor is entirely up to you.

-Hammer]

Last edited by Hammer; 16/02/03 04:16 AM.