Before I address couple of your points, as the topic says these are ideas only.

1. I take your point about 005. Well spotted. The ident, as its word indicates is to identify. you have that in so many other programs in one way or another (ICQ's UIN for example) I just <emphasis>feel</emphasis> eventually IRC will need that.

2. DCC send/receive idea. I think you misunderstood the concept. To send a file over DCC you would have to add the target user to the address book. To receive a DCC file transfer you would have to have sender in your address book. This doesn't exclude other clients, just increases protection of mIRC users. mIRC doesn't check both ends, just your own.

3. md5 - again I think you misunderstood the intention. This is not to prevent people from modifing, adding, reading, creating etc. Nor is it to be used as encryption. This is a thing to give you the ultimate control over what mIRC starts. Lets say you have something.mrc, best srcipt in the world. An external virus happens to distribute the same file. Your mirc would warn you the md5 does not match the last one used and give you the option to start it or not.

4. proxy/firewall. Point taken. I still think open proxies contribute to enormous levels of problems on IRC alternative suggestions welcome.