What if people took responsibility for their actions and let those that do the right thing continue doing it unimpeded?

Could you imagine if the next mIRC came out without url support to stop misguided people clicking spam that infects their machines, without firewall support to stop people hiding behind comprimised hosts, without /timer to stop people turning channels into markets, without dcc send because some people use mIRC for file trading, without sockets because some tool decided to write a trojan, without /amsg, /ame or colours because some people use automated away and mp3 scripts with hideous colour schemes more then they actually chat, a mIRC that restricted people to only connect to servers in mIRCs server list because we all know what people get up to on those private servers, and an autopart of +s channels for good measure! ..... I couldn't :P

I don't think mIRC should be designed for the imbeciles, kiddies, bad-guys, and just misguided people. Adding extra security 'for the user' never hurts, but impeding functionality because some people ruin it for everyone else does. Would it really work anyway? The bad guy is the last person drastic measures will effect.

I think your dcc address book idea is a good idea, but how long before people blindly add others to their address book?

Just my 2 cents anyhow.. smile