Print Thread
#210641 22/03/09 11:52 AM
S
Shinu1 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
I think it would be a nice feature if we could reorder the treebar switchbar.

For example, so I can move Network X below Network Y, or channel X under channel Y

Thanks!

Shinu1

P
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
P
I'd like to second this feature request. Due to being an IRC Operator on some networks I'm usually around on 50-60 channels, and in order to find some of them I have a pretty nice channel-order for the ones I'm in often, however, if I can't join for whatever reason the channel will be appended at the bottom of the list, which is fairly irritating.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Support for channel ordering already exists:

Window -> Order...

Add the channels you want in the right order. You can also add generic window types (like all channels go before queries) by expanding the dropdown box. This feature does not support *network* ordering, though.

If there was a more intuitive UI (dragging) for the existing behaviour, it would be easy to implement network ordering too.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
P
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
P
I didn't know that feature, thank you. The drag-and-drop would be easier for sure. One large limitation of the Order box is that the length of the input box is quite limited, some longer channel names don't fit in it, but I guess that's a bug.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In my experience, if the name doesn't fit into the box provided, the text scrolls to the left in the box.
All of the text is remembered, you just can't see all of it.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
No, in the case of the edit control in Window -> Order it is in fact limited by the control width. It should give you a fair amount of room (I count 24 chars) but that's certainly not unlimited.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You may want to report this bug separately, to make sure it's noticed and (hopefully) fixed.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard