Print Thread
#210227 09/03/09 01:37 AM
K
Kuuten Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
I got this earlier and I went through the processes to get it fixed. It looked fixed but when I try to Connect, I still get the message that I have been banned.

Kuuten #210228 09/03/09 01:54 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If this is a channel ban, then you have to contact an op in the channel and enquire if the ban is temporary or not.
If the ban is temporary, ask how long the ban is for, then try joining the channel again after the ban expires.
If the ban is permanent, ask for the ban to be removed.
In both cases, make sure you tell the op that you are being affected by a wildcarded ban set on a spambot.
Also make sure that you are polite.

If this is a network ban, then you'll have to contact the network IRCops or Administration, probably through their website.

A copy of the exact message that you receive would be helpful in determining just what kind of ban it is, and, possibly, what, if any steps that you are required to take.

RusselB #210229 09/03/09 02:08 AM
K
Kuuten Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
Originally Posted By: RusselB
If this is a channel ban, then you have to contact an op in the channel and enquire if the ban is temporary or not.
If the ban is temporary, ask how long the ban is for, then try joining the channel again after the ban expires.
If the ban is permanent, ask for the ban to be removed.
In both cases, make sure you tell the op that you are being affected by a wildcarded ban set on a spambot.
Also make sure that you are polite.

If this is a network ban, then you'll have to contact the network IRCops or Administration, probably through their website.

A copy of the exact message that you receive would be helpful in determining just what kind of ban it is, and, possibly, what, if any steps that you are required to take.

It is indeed a Network ban. Here is the message I recieve:

Closing Link: Kuuten[*Removed*] (User has been banned from DaIRC (You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit http://dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=*Removed*))

When I go to the link above, I get this:

infected with a spambot or other associated drone: run antivirus software on your machine.

I got that fixed to where its Striked out so I think that means I proved I was human, but I am still banned from the network.

Kuuten #210231 09/03/09 04:41 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It can take some time for a network check to realize that a formerly infected client is now clean.
Your options are:
1) Contact the network admin or an IRCop via the network's website.
2) Wait.
3) 1 and 2.

Link Copied to Clipboard