B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Hello,

I just upgraded from 6.21 to 6.3.
In mIRC 6.21 the message highlight (alt-o -> display -> message color dropbox) did work for me like the following:
If a channel window is minimized (and only if it is minimized) the corresponding icon in the switchbar get colored if there is a new message.
In mIRC 6.3 it is similar, but only if the main mIRC window is on top. If the mIRC window is not the active one every channel icon in the switchbar gets colored, doesn't matter if its minimized or not.
Is it possible to get the old behavior back? Didn't find any option for this, nor a notice of change in the changelog for it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think you're talking about this?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Well, not exactly.
I have this for all other applications, not only the Script Editor, even the Options Dialog will cause this.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, that behavior in the link I gave is true whenever any window is active other than the channel/query/status that you're looking at. That includes options, script editor, other programs, etc.

Invision Support
B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Annoying bug fix, so for me I go back to 6.21.
Hopefully Khaled will make a option for this bug/feature in a future version. And would be great if we don't have to wait to long for this.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I doubt it will change, so better to get used to it than never update mIRC. smile

Invision Support
T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
Seconded, for me this is a regression bug and should be fixed ASAP. It's a very annoying change.

I only want switchbar highlights for new query windows sent for me, and nothing else, and with v6.31 I can't get that kind of behavior!

Link Copied to Clipboard