Print Thread
#230920 25/03/11 12:44 AM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Since I really don't understand why the -p switch has been implemented this way on purpose, I would like to see hixxy's suggestion implemented : -p or -p0 for the actual behavior and -p1 for the expected behavior (I still wonder why someone even requested (and why it has been implemented but this isn't my problem) the actual behavior since having a real pause would have let us doing the actual behavior, whereas the opposite is not true)

At least the actual -p behavior should be described in the help file because it's not a pause, not even a postpone.

Last edited by Wims; 25/03/11 01:21 AM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I agree completely, and mentioned this a while back.
Forgot to mention that a (convoluted) work around was made.
Work around involves storing the, for lack of a better term, remaining information from the timer (I use hash table) when the /timer -p command would've been used.

Then restore the information in the timer when /timer -r is used.

Not a scripted work-around, but the basic idea does work.

Last edited by RusselB; 25/03/11 08:53 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
+1 good job!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Originally Posted By: Wims
Since I really don't understand why the -p switch has been implemented this way on purpose, I would like to see hixxy's suggestion implemented : -p or -p0 for the actual behavior and -p1 for the expected behavior (I still wonder why someone even requested (and why it has been implemented but this isn't my problem) the actual behavior since having a real pause would have let us doing the actual behavior, whereas the opposite is not true)

At least the actual -p behavior should be described in the help file because it's not a pause, not even a postpone.

I would also like to see this

Link Copied to Clipboard