mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#218067 31/01/10 09:16 PM
N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
I seem to be having issues with right-click popups within mirc not registering the fact that they've been clicked. I've primarily had issues with the nicklist not working, channel list, status window and the others work fine.

Here is a copy of the script that is in the editor

http://pastebin.ca/1773504

I have a few scripts that add their own menu items as well.

What appears to be happening is either mIRC or windows itself is not sending a click event or something along those lines as mIRC doesn't even register the fact the menu was clicked. I've altered the scripting some (changing $$1 to $1) and other adjustments, all return the same results; mIRC not responding to the clicks in the nicklist right-click popup menu.

What bothers me even more is that I've given these scripts to a friend with the same os/mirc version and mirc script setup and their setup works fine, and another 2 systems of similar setup and get the bug that I'm getting. (win7x32Ult and win7x64Pro systems)

This problem only came up when I moved from WinXP to Win7

I'm running Win7x64 ultimate with mIRC 6.35, popups.ini is located in the root directory of c:\users\<mylogin>\roaming\mirc\, mIRC installed to default location and several fresh installs have been done with copy/pasting my script code into the fresh install with the same 'bug' occurring.

Is this a known bug? Is there something in my script I'm missing that might be causing this? I've done all the troubleshooting I can to try and find the cause and have been unsuccessful.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
in mIRC type

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

Report the results here

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
N
OP Offline
N
6.35 Vista 2f63a83968f9586fe4fb48134253619c 7 1 0

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you certain your mouse driver is compatible with Windows 7 64bit? That may be all it is.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
N
OP Offline
N
If that was the issue (driver), I would think other applications would have the same problem, but they don't. Only mIRC has this issue.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Maybe, maybe not. mIRC does some things differently from other software that may create an issue if the mouse driver has problems. Anyhow, it was just a suggestion as I've never heard anyone with such a problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
N
OP Offline
N
Of course.

But yah, I know others that have no issue, and I've used the same scripts on other machines, some of them do have the issue, some of them dont.

I'm just wondering maybe if its how win7 handles events like mouse clicks and how mirc draws its popups as I can take the same files into a WinXP install and they work flawlessly.

Link Copied to Clipboard