mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#139188 12/01/06 04:07 AM
N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
the key * become invisible, i am an op and i did set the key myself.. it is only the character * , it won't show up even if you type //say $chan(#).key it only get's an error (* /say: insufficient parameters) but it works with ** or any other letter as far as i know. This makes things much harder when your making a on mode and using $chan($chan).key in the script. and another thiing, it's a shame that the userlist is only for global use, you got to use $ulist($address($nick,5),1).info and add chans there or * smile
well that's a bug i think i found, thanks.
psst: i use 6.16 (latest)

#139189 12/01/06 05:20 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
See this.

#139190 13/01/06 01:38 AM
N
OP Offline
N
well is the bug gonna be fixed? any 6.17 or a patch whatever laugh
did just make a on mode in 55 lines and the only "bug" is default in mIRC
smirk well it is easy fixed with a if line but though you guys should know wink
thanks.
Clark @ Undernet

#139191 13/01/06 03:08 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Read what I linked to, it's not a bug, it's a deliberately included feature (although you can debate whether or not it's a good one).

It is designed to be compliant with (some/alot/most) IRCds that send an asterisk as the channel key when the user doesn't have sufficent access (usually being opped) to see the true key.

From versions.txt:
15/06/2001 - mIRC v5.91
65.mIRC now treats mode format +k * as a hidden key on all servers,
for servers that hide the key from non-op

#139192 14/01/06 08:21 PM
N
OP Offline
N
dude it can't be a feature when a OP/@ can't see the channel key. as i said, i did set the key (i must be an op to set the key) and i can't see it in the channel central or when i use $chan($chan).key when i am an OP. i know that key's can be hidden from non ops, but it's wierd when the KEY * is hidden for ops to. no other character is hidden from ops.. just one of * smile see my point?

#139193 14/01/06 08:34 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I see your point, but I'm not entirely sure you see mine.

* is the 'standard' character for a hidden key on IRC. If that's what the IRC server sends to mIRC as the key mIRC will assume that it is hidden from the user, and behave as such.

It may be reasonable to change mIRC to assume that * is the real key if that's what the IRC server sends it when you're opped.

Note that mIRC has no real way of distinguishing between * being a real key or a hidden key.

Also note that * is a truely awful choice of channel key :tongue:

#139194 18/01/06 10:45 PM
N
OP Offline
N
hehe yeah it is but it makes it harder for ops to protect channels and such, specially in op channels where everyone is op. i solved my problem with if ($chan($chan).key == $null) but for newbes i don't think they have a chance, and i really think that mirc should have that in the new version, if there's gonna be a new version... but anyway i got another one to, the $lower dosen't "lower" 3 words in the norwegian alfabet, Æ Ø Å wink
thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard