mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
I would've preferred to put a better subject line, but the more accurate one that I tried wouldn't fit.
Quote:
It seems that mIRC appends that text onto the end of the titlebar. I think that it is automatically pushed off the end of the titlebar if the user-set titlebar text is long enough. In any of my maximized channel windows, I typed /titlebar x and the titlebar showed

"mIRC x - [#channel....blah blah blah..]"

I wonder if there is an option somewhere to disable this automatic text. I don't see one though, so but maybe one should be added.

This quote is in response to my question about that extra text, as it only shows in maximized channel windows, but if the topic is long enough, you don't see that information, and the script I'm working with, creates a scroll of the channel topic.

The scroll works fine if the channel isn't maximized, but if it is, then this extra data is also shown, inspite of the fact that, in my opinion, it shouldn't be as it's not part of the channel topic.

Referencing this post

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
mIRC appends that text to the end of the titlebar because when your channel window is maximized the main mIRC titlebar acts as the channels titlebar $window($chan).titlebar though I'm not sure if there is an option to change that or not I'd like to see something added as I've done something similar in the past and couldn't remove it.

What you could do is instead of maximizing your channel windows is enlarging your window so it has the width of 1035 and the height of 759, basically stretch the width and height as far as you can.

R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
For me, it matters not, as I have my windows tiled. This is more for other people that want to use my code, and prefer to have maximized windows.

Link Copied to Clipboard