mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#170930 16/02/07 04:37 PM
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Currently to configure multiserver support requires a mess of scripting to join the servers on load and fiddling with the perform commands to identify on connect - the upshot of this is that it is impossible to keep your password secure and be on multiple servers simultaneously.

What I am asking for is a facility to choose a different nickname and password for each server, and also to specify whether or not to automatically join the server when mIRC starts. The model here is X-Chat, which performs this admirably; however, its Unicode support is lacking.

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
There are scripts to do this, though I do agree that mIRC could use some better multiserver support.

Those who can, cannot. Those who cannot, can.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
a facility to choose a different nickname and password for each network, and also to
specify whether or not to automatically connect to the network when mIRC starts.

This would be great.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Agreed, a decent multi server connection manager would be great. Whichever way its implemented would be vastly better than having to add the network/servers, then configuring perform, then using a script to do the auto connect. Although im not sure if i like the idea of assining a nick/pass combination to networks/servers. Especially for servers that dont use the normal style services (seems it would be incredibly easy for mirc to perform the wrong command and send your password somewhere it shouldnt go). Personally for auto ident stuff, easiest is to add the command to perform, but perhapse a little more secure method is to use the user list (add the networks nickserv mask as a user, and let it trigger an event that sends the pass when requested)

I believe the idea of better multi network support throughout mirc options was discussed more extensively in a thread of two some time ago as well. It definately feels like a 'missing feature' to many users, especially new users who no doubt have a little trouble figuring it out.

Personally i think most of the 'connect' section in mirc options should be redesigned to work on a per-network basis.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard