mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#240163 30/12/12 05:11 PM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Hello all; myself and friends who use mirc like to use quotation "like so" in our messages a lot, and while using Ctrl+K to colour it or surrounding text doesn't take too long, it would be nice if there was some way to do it automatically. Unfortunately a key challenge is that it needs to also retain its colour in the log, limiting my options to colour codes rather than client-side mods. In that respect i'd essentially like a way to streamline the colour coding process so that it automatically begins and ends a certain colour code with the start and end of any quoted text.

In reality what would be ideal is a way to colour all text EXCEPT quotation (leaving it black), in which scenario I suppose all messages would have to automatically start with the colour code then a quotation mark add black, then the ending quotation mark add the colour code after it again to colour any further non-quoted text, but I realise that's potentially even trickier.

I'll probably be alright figuring out how to script this stuff myself, i'm just wondering if any of what i'm suggesting is even possible or feasible with some sort of simple script or mod?

Thanks smile

Last edited by Anscenic; 30/12/12 05:12 PM.
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Okay, so I assume that idea isn't so plausible; pretty much as good, is there any way I could perhaps map some of the colours to ctrl+number keys? Like Ctrl+2 = Ctrl+K -> 2

Thanks

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Actually it's quite possible and simple. I guess no one had the time to respond though.

Method #1, coloring the quoted text on your side. Everyone will see it being colored. Each person needs to use this script
Code:
on *:input:#: {
  if (!$ctrlenter) && (!$inpaste) && ($left($1,1) != $readini(mirc.ini,text,commandchar) || $1 == /msg || $1 == /me) && (" isin $1-) {
    say $regsubex($1-,/"(.*?)"/ig,02"\1")
    halt
  }
}

Method #2, This just colors quoted text you see. No one else needs the script but it won't appear colored for them.
Code:
on *:text:*:#: {
  if (" isin $1-) {
    echo $color(normal) -mt $chan $+(<,,$nick($chan,$nick).color,$iif($left($nick($chan,$nick).pnick,1) isin $prefix,$v1),$nick,>) $regsubex($1-,/"(.*?)"/ig,02"\1")
    halt
  }
}

The first one is probably the better one, but you'll need to get everyone using it. You can change the 02 in the $regsubex() command to change the color.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Ah, that's awesome, thanks so much! Just incase some friends would prefer it though, is there a reasonably simple way to achieve that number-mapping idea too? Thanks again laugh

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
I don't believe doing hotkeys like that is possible.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.

Link Copied to Clipboard