mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Sorry to trouble you all again, I just can't seem to fix this. I want to create a script so that when I'm connected to a server (at any time), it will activate a timer when the time on my computer is at a certain time. I have something similar to this:

Code:
on *:connect: { if ($asctime(HH:nn:ss) = 18:28:00) { /timer1 0 2400 /msg #channel This is a timer test that will say a message to channel #channel at 6:28 P.M. } }

The reason my time format is HH:nn:ss is that my timestamps is like that. My system time is in HH:mm so what would be the right code to get it working? Thanks for the help I can get.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Your if statement will only be evaluated at the time you connect, so what you want cannot be achieved in this way. Instead you can use the time parameter of /timer to accomplish the same thing, for example: /timer 18:28 1 0 /msg #channel foobar

That timer will only trigger once. If you wish to perform the same action every day you can use two timers as so:

Code:
on *:CONNECT:{
  timer 18:28 1 0 /msg #channel foo
  timer 18:28 0 86400 /msg #channel bar
}

The first message (foo) will be sent at 18:28, the second (bar) will be sent 86400 seconds (24 hours) after the first and will repeat at that interval.

S
OP Offline
S
Alright, thanks for the response. With a little tweaking I was able to get it going correctly. Again, thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard