mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Andrio Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
How do I do it?
The specific problem I'm having is with a script that was written for mIRC 6.16. It requires '/me attacks' commands in DCC CHAT. This is the event that is used:
Code:
ON 2:Chat:ACTION attacks*:{

However, I'm running the script on version 7.29. And it doesn't work. I did some investigation, and I found that this was being returned in $1- in the CHAT event:
Code:
attacks Zombie

Whereas in version 6.16 I got this:
Code:
ACTION attacks Zombie

Which means the script isn't forwards compatible, and there's no reliable way to differentiate between normal messages and actions in DCC sessions. Unless I'm missing something...?

As long as we stand, we will fight!
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
while i do not have a copy of 6.16, to verify what you are saying, that release is VERY OLD!, we are now on version 7.29 (as you know) and the last supported version is 6.35. You should not complain about a version that has not been supported for that long. Its like saying that ALL DOS commands should work in Windows 8. And you know that is not true.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Originally Posted By: HorseC
while i do not have a copy of 6.16, to verify what you are saying, that release is VERY OLD!, we are now on version 7.29 (as you know) and the last supported version is 6.35. You should not complain about a version that has not been supported for that long. Its like saying that ALL DOS commands should work in Windows 8. And you know that is not true.

He isn't complaining about the older version. He's complainig about the current version. Without ACTION being present in $1- there is no longer a way to detect it. Functionality has been removed.

Last edited by Loki12583; 27/03/13 01:59 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard